Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The First Day

New year, same old stuff.


Behold, 2014 has steamrolled in! Everything is eerily quiet outside today, and despite the deafening sound of fireworks and celebration last night, the streets are clean. I guess that's good.

Anyway, first day of this new year, and I spent the first few moments thawing myself in the sunshine (my room retains a lot of cold even without the aid of an air conditioner for some reason), and warming up my innards with breakfast.



A few items of which came from last night's dinner. Aww yes. 


Today seems to be quite a nice day, which I'd rather not spend outside because that's where all of the people are, and I know how that goes: you wander outside looking forward to some fun and often you won't get it because EVERYONE ELSE is outside doing the same and failing because EVERYONE ELSE is outside like EVERYONE ELSE.



nope.


Imma spend the entire day watching movies on youtube or working on my model kits, write up that kit review, work on my lesson plans, practice drawing or (que horror) checking student essays again.

I know this sounds all sad and boring to normal people on new year's day, but believe me, those things are the most relaxing distractions I can enjoy on a day for myself. It's very meditative and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, Happy New Year! I hope 2014 goes down better than 2013.

[pictured at the top, the first new model kit I'm doing this year. I plan to complete all my aircraft backlog this year]

No comments: