Thursday, January 2, 2014

Strike While The Iron is Hot




Or so they say.


Continuing with my resolution to reduce my backlog, I started another aircraft kit, this time of the YF-23 Black Widow II.  I'm a bit happy about 5th generation fighters since I don't have to worry beyond landing gear struts and bay doors, and no fiddly pylons as well!

This is a bit easier to work with compared to the Fulcrum. I should have done this one first!

I stole the simplistic pilot figure from one of my scrap harriers to fill in the cockpit, then I realized I'd have to work on the console of the jet as well. I'll leave that headache for another day.

But today I did something else. I did some digging around in my old cabinet and dug up a Dragon 1/144 scaled Panzer III. Originally it haf PE parts and Cartograf decals that the 15 year old me had no idea how to use well and were thus lost and/or disposed of. Present me tried to hold back tears with that realization.

So I made due with what I had instead and in less than three hours I had a Panzer III Ausf. E done up in desert colors. Which would look better with decals at least.



Anyway, that's it for now. I'll post gallery pics of the panzer on a later date. Hopefully I finish the black widow in a week or two, and then I might get back to gunpla *cough* HGUC F91 REVIEW *cough* lol

No comments: