Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday!


Today was quite a day, played cardgames, hung out with friends and bought some stuff I've been pining to get, the Metal Slug Gashapon Kits from TakaraTomy A.R.T.S. (formerly Yujin).



 I'm amazed at how detailed these things are, though the camel isn't the best example, the Slug Flyer (which was based on the Harrier) is.


Also they came with minifigures of Fio and Eri, which I'll definitely enjoy painting up. Anyway, the reason Marco and Tarma aren't included is because I got the set in a group buy and just decided I want the girls more. I'll probably hunt down the guys and the slugs later on when I do tank scale models, right now the slug flyer is perfect for that jet binge I've been on, lately.


Which has yet to really die down. I forced myself to finish the Area 88 project F-5E (Shin Kazama) these past few nights, and it resulted in two cracked canopies (godammnit Dragon) Shin's Tiger is on semicomplete status for now as I have opted to tint the canopy to hide the crack, which is sad because nobody will get to see the detailing of the cockpit and the pilot. This only means that I need to perfect heat-forming a new canopy within the year if I'll ever get a good night's sleep about this thing.



oh. well.

Anyway I've moved on to another aspect of the build which is the diorama base for Shin's jet, and I've fudged about making the EPU tractor, with the added bonus of a driver figure.


I also noticed the steering wheel is inaccurate and have since rectified that after taking the pic.

I've also sculpted pants on the guy now, but I'll leave that for later.


Anyway that's it for now, seriously thinking of moving all thorough documentation of anything I build into the blog again instead of spamming my facebook account. and to actually force myself to write more.

No comments: