Thursday, May 2, 2013

Next up: Legilis



Starting to think I'll NEVER  finish those UC kits. Went straight ahead and did the first primer coat on the HG Legilis, then did some spot checking for tiny holes and gaps, filled them with Mr. Surfacer 1000 and it's ready for the second coat of primer. 


Keeping a list of steps for the build and so far I have only accomplished 1 1/2 of the 11 steps. Right after the second priming and checking it's going to be the vents that get painted first.


I've decided to go with the color palette of the Zanspine:


I think it makes for a good match and has a lively amount of colors. Guess this means the vents and accents on the Legilis will be mostly red, with the eyes being yellow and having red lenses. Sounds fun!

The Zanspine is one of those designs that are close to being gundam or gundam-like and yet can stand as a distinct unit on its own. I personally think the Legilis is a good successor to this idea and can adopt the Zanspine's look well.


Recently I've also acquired a few more kits to work on, the HG AGE-FX Burst and the HG Aura Battler Dunbine.


Saving the Dunbine for a rainy day, and lined up the FX right after I finish Legilis. Planning to see how it would look in a color scheme slightly based on the F91.

No comments: