Sunday, January 6, 2013

Kuuga Redux!


Might as well do it again. I think I'll end up with a better looking Ultimate Kuuga than the one I already posted. At least now I'm not so heavily reliant on just slicing stuff off then piling on putty.I was able to reshape the horns with just my rotary tool and nothing else, that's probably the main difference this time around. 






I also wanted to make some slight differences in the headsculpts, I'll probably strip the paint they put on the eyes as well. I also experimented further in using thin wire to make tiny details like the trim on the guantlets and abs, as well as the shoulders. Not perfect though I'm satisfied with it, I'm considering it practice for Daguva, haha. 



At this point, all that's left would be some minor sculpting to build up the forearms and shoulder armor then I'll strip the paint off the figure before priming. The color scheme seemed off the last time I tried this custom but I intend to avoid the mistakes I made with this second version.

All this practice is slowly paying off. I'll definitely be making my version of N-Daguva-Zeba soon. 


No comments: