Monday, November 14, 2011

A Steady Hand


Spent tonight making my eyesight worse and my hands hurt, but I thought this would be a great exercise to make my brush strokes more precise when painting these tiny, tiny anime faces. Someday I'll put up a step by step when I get real good at it, but for now here's the three-stage process of the painted face. 


The result's not bad, and I'm hopeful that it'll only get better at this point.  I no longer have to deal with  having the base gashapon heads looking somewhere else which is preferable anyway, and makes a good patience challenge, since the most annoying part of this all isn't in painting the eyes, but in prepping the flesh color of the face. It took a lot of coats to get it even, and the only enjoyable time I felt was when I was painting and retouching the eye details. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy.. WOW THATS AWESOME! So MOE MOE KYUN KYUN~!

Unknown said...

nyan nyan nyan nyan